Weather location issues
I just brought my Nabaztag back to life - it is working beautifully! Thank you to the developers.

However, I am having an issue setting up the weather. When I try and put in my location (Nottingham, United Kingdom) the service sets it as Anguilla. The weather in Anguilla sounds lovely but it is not what I want!

I have tried writing my location in different formats but with no change. Is there any standard format I can use? If it is not possible to set Nottingham as a location, is somewhere closer possible? I am grateful for any advice.

Je parle un peu de français donc répondez en français si c'est plus facile. Merci beaucoup.
Répondre
Hello !

Thanks for your message.

Hum hum, yes it's annoying. Turns out we're using the information of http://www.meteofrance.com so sometimes it does not work out very well.

I searched for "Nottingham, United Kingdom" on meteofrance.com and it seems that he understands it better with "Nottingham (Royaume-Unis)". So use "Nottingham (Royaume-Unis)" and it will be good, but i'm sorry to hear that the weather is not so good (rain and 8 degrees celcius) as in Anguilla !

Olivier
Répondre
Thanks for your help! That works at first - the location updates and it appears to save. However, if I ask for today's forecast or refresh the services page the Nabaztag is back in Anguilla again!

I've tried locations in France and they are retained in the settings as they should be, but tried 'Londres' and that has a similar issue. Intriguing! I'm wondering if it might be because the zipcodes in France provide a more reliable match?
Répondre
(04-28-2020, 02:07 PM)DHKatie a écrit : Thanks for your help! That works at first - the location updates and it appears to save. However, if I ask for today's forecast or refresh the services page the Nabaztag is back in Anguilla again!

I've tried locations in France and they are retained in the settings as they should be, but tried 'Londres' and that has a similar issue. Intriguing! I'm wondering if it might be because the zipcodes in France provide a more reliable match?

i have tried to replicate the issue but I was not successful. 
perhaps you need to clear the caches of your interne browser. 

Otherwise, I note that if you write only “Nottingham”, it should locate you automatically in your city in uk.
Répondre
Still having the problem I'm afraid. Nottingham seems to be recognised and sometimes the location stays when I refresh the service page. However, when I ask Nabaztag for the weather it always gives the weather in Anguilla. Refreshing the service page after this shows Anguilla again. I tried clearing my browser cache and also updating Nabaztag from a different device.

This only happens to me for locations in the United Kingdom - any other country works fine. Has anyone else successfully configured their Nabaztag to tell UK weather?
Répondre
(05-11-2020, 12:59 PM)DHKatie a écrit : Still having the problem I'm afraid. Nottingham seems to be recognised and sometimes the location stays when I refresh the service page. However, when I ask Nabaztag for the weather it always gives the weather in Anguilla. Refreshing the service page after this shows Anguilla again. I tried clearing my browser cache and also updating Nabaztag from a different device.

This only happens to me for locations in the United Kingdom - any other country works fine. Has anyone else successfully configured their Nabaztag to tell UK weather?
Hi DHKatie,

Same here from London.... I have put Lille in France that is one of the closest to get almost accurate forecast, but it is not the final solution!
When I have time, I will dig into the python code and check if we could get weather from the metoffice maybe?
regards,
Répondre
Hi HerbertLeLapin. Glad to know it's not just me! I was beginning to think the only option was to add another weather source. Do let me know if you get round to it Smile
Répondre
(05-25-2020, 11:31 AM)DHKatie a écrit : Hi HerbertLeLapin. Glad to know it's not just me! I was beginning to think the only option was to add another weather source. Do let me know if you get round to it Smile
One option to consider if a change is made might be https://openweathermap.org
Répondre
Same problem for me. It seems to take Vienna, 22182, United States, but it actually ends up looking up Viennay (79200) in France.
Répondre
Quelqu'un a-t-il trouvé si il est possible de changer le service de météo?
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)